- 3 to 10 years of Maritime Navigation experience. Maritime Navigation experience is defined in next bullet:
- Bachelor's degree from an Accredited Federal or State Maritime Academy, the U.S. Naval Academy, or U.S. Coast Guard Academy. Education must include successful completion of the requirements for a U.S. Coast Guard Third Mate's License or Officer of the Deck Underway Qualification by U.S. Navy or U.S. Coast Guard. OR Experience in the form of Minimum three years of significant sea time, demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with all modalities of marine navigation methods, including voyage planning using The Agency products. Examples of qualifying experience include: navigation and sea experience in U.S. oceangoing commercial or military vessels; U.S. Military Watercraft Operator; Quartermaster of the Watch (QMOW); Master Training Specialist instructor of marine navigational subjects, or other related expertise.
- Analyst shall have an understanding and knowledge in the field of marine navigation, including underway navigation, experience with Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) systems, and geographic information system (GIS) software.
- Ability to provide an experienced navigational perspective to maritime geospatial intelligence issues
- Knowledge of basic coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM).
- Knowledge of projections and their properties.
- Active TS/ SCI with ability to obtain a CI Poly
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to The Agency hydrographic products and databases
- Ability to correctly maintain Maritime Safety Information databases
- Ability to correctly maintain maritime features and attributes in NGA database(s) in accordance with The Agency specifications, the Feature and Attribute Coding Catalog (FACC), and/or the NSG Feature Data Dictionary (NFDD)
- Ability to correctly load, analyze, and review Maritime products on ECDIS systems
Online applications only, please.
When we review candidates' information, we are looking for the best matches for the position based on the qualifications listed in the job posting. If your skills and experience appear to match an open position, a recruitment services professional or a hiring manager may contact you.
Syntelligent Analytic Solutions, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are a qualified disabled veteran or individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources at 540-736-4570, Extension #2