1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
1. 3+ years of Cisco experience, certifications preferred CCNP, or higher.
2. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
3. Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network related hardware.
4. Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, BGP, and MPLS.
5. Knowledge of Hierarchical Network design and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
6. Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
7. Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
8. Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
9. Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
10. Working experience with trouble ticketing systems like Siebel, Remedy, or ServiceNow.
11. Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, HPNA, HP NNMi, or Netscout is useful, but not mandatory.
12. Experience with crypto logical devices is also useful, but not mandatory.
13. Must have and maintain an IAT II Certification.
14. Must have at least one CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIP-ENT or similar network certification.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED + 10 years
- Associates Degree + 8 years
- Bachelor’s Degree + 6 years
- Master’s Degree + 4 years
- PhD + 2 years
Required Security Clearance:
- Position requires active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain CI Poly
Online applications only, please.
When we review candidates' information, we are looking for the best matches for the position based on the qualifications listed in the job posting. If your skills and experience appear to match an open position, a recruitment services professional or a hiring manager may contact you.
Syntelligent Analytic Solutions, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are a qualified disabled veteran or individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources at 540-736-4570, Extension #2