Syntelligent is seeking a Counterintelligence Operations Support SME for upcoming work in Omaha, NE.
Tasks will include:
The USSTRATCOM mission is to deter strategic attack and employ forces, as directed, to guarantee the security of our nation and our allies. USSTRATCOM's campaign sets conditions across the globe as the ultimate guarantor of national and allied security. USSTRATCOM's forces and capabilities underpin and enable all other Joint Force operations. The USSTRATCOM J2X mission is to coordinate, synchronize, leverage, and de-conflict all counterintelligence (CI) and human intelligence (HUMINT) activities supporting or affecting USSTRATCOM. USSTRATCOM J2X requires subject-matter expert (SME) support to provide timely, responsive, thorough, accurate, and insightful studies, analyses, evaluations, and professional support services.
Specific Duties: Support USSTRATCOM/J2X with a variety of tasks to include the following:
- Develop CI analysis products as defined by Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5240.18, Counterintelligence Analysis and Production, including name checks, CI functional support, collection support, coordination/review, current intelligence, executive internal management correspondence, report evaluations, investigative support analysis, operations support analysis, and informal responses.
- Assist in developing collection requirements and associated support products tailored for open source intelligence (OSINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT), HUMINT, and CI collectors in accordance with proponent format and content guidance for each discipline.
- Conduct research of Publicly Available Information (PAI), using only authorized means and capabilities, as established by the J2 Directorate and J2X Division, while maintaining strict adherence to established Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Review analytic findings produced by IC or other mission partners (known as formal coordination, or collaboration) and provide substantive comment, as appropriate, on analytic tradecraft sufficiency.
- Develop evaluation and feedback of serialized IC reporting in order to aid in source validation and retasking and inform collectors of the value of collected information to USSTRATCOM.
- Conduct all-source intelligence research to discover information and insights of J2X concern to USSTRATCOM.
- Inform the Government of urgent and important CI information, such as threat indications and warning (I&W) or similar time-sensitive information, and, when requested by the Government, shall use unit processes to assess, characterize, and disseminate the information to USSTRATCOM senior leaders.
- Assist with the development and delivery of CI Awareness and Reporting training.
- Develop and implement processes for executing comprehensive, defensive CI reviews of command plans.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relations with USSTRATCOM mission area SMEs, MDCOs, and other CI/LE partners.
- Advise and assist with integrating CI support to the USSTRATCOM Insider Threat Program.
- Provide advice and assistance with CI and HUMINT-related contributions to USSTRATCOM's operations plan (OPLAN), contingency plans (CONPLAN), operations orders (OPORD), and EXORD development.
- Support established processes to enable the Government to synchronize CI and HUMINT support to command operations, foreign visits and engagements, or other opportunity events or situations that present a HUMINT collection opportunity or CI implication.
- Engage with the Intelligence Community (IC), defense agencies, other combatant commands, and other mission partners and stakeholders, as requested, to support J2X requirements.
- Contractor-provided studies, assessments, briefings, reports, minutes, and other documents and services.
- Assist and advise the Government with creating, revising, maintaining, and/or retiring J2X web pages and knowledge management tools.
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with USSTRATCOM organization desired
- Familiarity with Joint processes, operations, and commands.