Syntelligent is seeking a LAN/WAN Subject Matter/Functional Expert - Level 4 with an active TS/SCI clearance for awarded/funded work in Washington, D.C.
Responsible for leading a team of ~18 LAN and WAN engineers who design and develop voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks. Must be able to perform the same design duties as a LAN/WAN engineer.
1. Must have good communications skills to communicate with both the Engineering Manager and the Government engineering leads.
2. Organize, plan, and assign responsibilities to team members.
3. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
4. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
5. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
6. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
7. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
8. May perform network administration duties.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Serves as technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.